Building Blocks has designed a preventative home care program for Synagis™ to effectively manage neonates and
infants that are at risk for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) infections.
Synagis™ home injections offers an effective way to administer the drug while ensuring strict compliance.
Having the child receive injections in a hospital or clinic may be burdensome for the family, and unnecessarily
expose the child to respiratory illnesses.
What is Synagis ?
- Synagis™ is a monoclonal antibody specifically designed to neutralize the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Synagis™ provides prophylaxis against infection to high risk infants
- Synagis™ is administered once monthly during peak RSV season
- Studies show that Synagis™ reduced the incidence of RSV hospitalizations by 55%. In pre-term infants
born at 32-35 weeks there was an 80% reduction in RSV Hospitalizations
Through careful monitoring and interventions, children who previously would be admitted to the hospital for RSV infection can be treated preventatively in the home.
The Building Blocks Synagis / RSV Program:
- Pediatric or neonatal nurse for each injection.
- Home pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Early indentification of potential complications to avoid hospitalization.
- R.N. level nursing supervision and intervention.
- Parent / Caregiver education.
- Home and physical assessment.
- Routine and after hours follow-up.
- 24 Hour / Day / Weekend RN phone support.
- Physician Update reporting.